Nowadays, the myth that homemade food is bad for dogs no longer exists. The kitchen is not only a place for human food, but also for pet food. In the summer heat, you can prepare salad for dogs, and you should learn that today.
There are many options when cooking for dogs, from simple to more complicated recipes. Just make sure they provide your dog with a balanced, healthy diet.
Cooking for the dog comes with several benefits, especially when it comes to improving its quality of life. It is always advisable to talk to a veterinarian about which foods are easiest for each pet to digest, as some may have more sensitive stomachs than others.
Below you can take a look at some different recipes for salad for dogs.
- Frozen, cooked fish
- Crab sticks
- Cook the pasta, carrots and spinach until tender.
- Then add the frozen fish.
- Mix everything, drain well and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Then add the crab sticks and the diced apple.
- Then mix well.
- Finally, you can add some carrot peel to the salad.
- Now it is ready for the dog to enjoy!
- Preferred protein: chicken, beef, tuna (500 g)
- 5 dl brown rice
- 2 1/2 dl broccoli
- 2 1/2 dl spinach
- 1 liter of water or broth without spices
- 3 potatoes
- Wash all the vegetables: broccoli, carrots, spinach and potatoes.
- Then peel the carrots and potatoes.
- Clean the spinach.
- Chop the broccoli and carrots and dice the potatoes. Do the same with the protein, no matter what you choose.
- Put all the vegetables in a pan and add protein, rice and broth.
- Cook on medium heat for 45 minutes.
- Once cooked, let it cool.
- Mix again and serve at room temperature.
- 5 potatoes
- 2 carrots
- 3 peeled sardines (without scales and bones)
- 2 celery stalks
- 2 1/2 dl brown rice
- 1 1/4 liters of water
- Thoroughly clean the sardines so that there are no scales or bones.
- Then chop the celery.
- Cut the rest of the vegetables into smaller pieces.
- Place a saucepan of water on medium heat.
- Add all the ingredients and cook for 45 minutes.
- Well cooked, let them cool before serving.
- 5 dl papaya
- 5 dl watermelon
- 4 bananas
- 1 apple
- 1 melon
- One liter of watermelon juice (optional)
- Clean the fruits and remove all seeds.
- Once clean, cut them into cubes.
- Then you can add the watermelon juice if you want, to make this recipe for salad for dogs even tastier.
- Serve and watch your dog enjoy!
- Green or white asparagus
- Purified fish (without bones)
- Eggs (to taste)
- Make sure there are no bones left in the fish.
- Cook the fish and drain it.
- Saute the zucchini, mushrooms and fish in oil.
- Whisk the eggs and make scrambled eggs with all the cooked ingredients.
- Add asparagus and carrot to the mixture.
- Allow to cool before serving.
- 1 piece of tuna without skin or 1 can of tuna
- 2 celery stalks
- 2 carrots
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Select a piece of tuna and make sure the skin was removed before cooking. You can also use canned tuna.
- Cut celery, carrots and potatoes into small pieces.
- Cook the vegetables and let them cool. They do not have to be “al dente” – it is best to cook them until soft.
- Once cold, mix the vegetables with the tuna and add the olive oil.
- Finally, you serve this delicious meal to your dog.