Nowadays, one can find a large number of supplements for the dog’s joints on the market.
These products are made up of several natural molecules and chemicals such as collagen,.
These nutritional supplements have been developed and improved in recent years, and veterinarians often prescribe them to treat various conditions. In this article we will talk about the best supplements for dog joints.
The most common problems that affect the dog’s joints
One of the many reasons why you need to take the dog to a veterinarian is that it has suffered from joint problems.
A dog owner usually notices this problem in the dog because it is stiff and in pain.
Joint problems can occur due to several reasons, such as:
- Rasen. Some dog breeds, such as the German Shepherd, often suffer from hip dysplasia. Breeds such as golden retriever, rottweiler and dobermann instead tend to suffer from shoulder dysplasia.
- High age. Like other mammals, including humans, dogs suffer from health problems and joint deterioration as they age.
- Plant problems. If the dog does not get the right food as it grows, or if it suffers from hormonal problems, it can cause problems with the joints.
- Fractures of the joints.
- Ligament injuries. If the dog exercises too much or if it is a small dog, it can suffer from ligament damage, which results in serious problems with the joints.
- Obesity. Obesity not only reduces your pet’s quality of life, it also affects the joints.
In these circumstances, supplements for the dog’s joints can be of great help in relieving the joint problems that the animals suffer from.
What are chondoprotectors?
Chondoprotectors are substances that help relieve certain conditions that have to do with the joints. These problems are usually accompanied by inflammation in the joints as well as pain.
These supplements for the dog’s joints improve the cartilage and consist for the most part of.
List of the best supplements for dog joints
Research on new supplements for dogs in recent years has led to these products being improved.
They are used nowadays to prevent the breakdown of joints and to counteract congestion, accidents, etc.
These products can be classified according to their basic components because they all have the same purpose:
- Supplements that consist of This type of supplement seems to have the best effect because they affect all parts of the joints, tendons and ligaments.
- Supplements that combine. These drugs are very basic, but their effect is scientifically proven.
- Supplement with and vitamin E, which is good after surgery of the joints.
- Supplements of chelated minerals (Cu, Mn, Se, Zn), organic calcium and egg membrane substances. These nutrients help the bones to recover.
Natural alternatives to chemical supplements
There are also natural alternatives to the chemical variants. This option is often used with dogs that eat a natural diet, such as the BARF diet.
This recipe is known as the golden turmeric pulp and contains the following ingredients.
- 5 tablespoons turmeric
- 2 1/2 dl water
- 5 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground pepper
Heat the water and turmeric in a pan for seven minutes. Then add the oil and pepper and let it cool. You can store this in the fridge for up to two weeks.
Large dogs can eat up to a teaspoon of this mass per day. However, smaller dogs should only eat a quarter. We hope you enjoyed this article.